I saw this meme on another blog and thought it would be appropriate to post since my BigGirl is growing into such a fabulous little lady...
Me and My First Baby
1. Were you married at the time? Yes, we had been married for a little over 2 years.
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Excited, Scared, Nervous, Happy all in one
3. How old were you? She was born 2 days before my 26th birthday.
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? We had been trying for about 3 months and our good friends/neighbors at the time were also trying. Heather (neighbor) bought herself a package of 2 tests and gave me the extra one. Hers was positive, mine looked negative. We went to the dr. and they said yes, we were pregnant.
5. Who did you tell first? Same neighbors and other friends- told our parents the next day (in person)
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes
7. Due date: July 23
8. Did you deliver early or late? 3 weeks early
9. Did you have morning sickness? Just a little from about 8-12 weeks. I felt worst when my stomach was empty.
10. What did you crave? CHEESE. Also, any potato foods and Arby's roast beef & curly fries.
11. Who irritated you the most? There was one particularly difficult (read: psycho) parent in my class that year. She did not care if I was pregnant or not. Her focus in life was to give me a hard time and tell me daily what horrible children I had in my class (not hers), when I really had a fantastic group that year.
12. What was your first child’s sex? Female
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 35
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I wouldn't call major itching for a few weeks in January a complication, just an annoyance.
15. Where did you give birth? Women's Hospital of Greensboro, NC
16. How many hours were you in labor? 11- water broke at 8:00am, delivery at 7:00pm.
17. Who drove you to the hospital? Ben
18. Who watched? B was the only one allowed in the room.
19. Was it vaginal or c-section? Emergency c-section. Her heart rate dropped from around 150 to 60 after the epidural, came back up, and dropped again to 33 after the pitocin a couple hours later. I will never forget the sound of that 33 heart rate on the monitor. Talk about scary. On the way to the OR the nurse pushing the bed kept telling me to get my hands inside, but I was holding onto the rails for dear life! We knocked over a trash can!
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Epidural- had to be turned up when we got to OR (heart rate had stabilized by then). I kept feeling the test pricks and they kept turning it up. I was so numb it took almost 4 hours in recovery (1-2 is supposed to be average) before I could move the legs.
21. How much did your child weigh? 6 lbs, 10 oz
22. What did you name him/her? Sydney Taylor. We thought of Sydney while watching the 2000 Sydney olympics- just loved the name and did not know any other Sydney's at the time. Taylor was after B's grandpa who was battling cancer when she was born. He passed away 2 months later.
23. How old is your first born today? 6 years, 3 months, going on 16!
Different topic- today is the 16th anniversary of my first date with B. That means I have been attached to this man in one way or another for exactly half of my life! Apparently, he is a keeper. Our life has some type of drama every day, but I wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else!
He is going to Raleigh for bachelor weekend #2. He'll be drinking, tailgating, going to the NC State game, and eating at really good restaurants. The girls and I will be doing cheerleading pictures and game in the morning, shopping (!!) in the afternoon, and movie night later. Wonder who will have the most fun?
Three Road Trips and a Preacher Man
21 hours ago